Thursday, August 28, 2014
|Images starting from left to right, top to bottom:|
1) Top: J.Crew (old) / Shorts: J.Crew (on SALE!!!) / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Sunnies: Kate Spade / Watch: Michael Kors / Bag: Michael Kors / Shoes: Kate Spade
2) Top: Vince Camuto (petite version) / Pants: Trouve / Necklace: Natasha Couture / Sunnies: Wild Fox / Bracelet: F21 (similar here) + Target (old similar here) / Bag: Michael Kors / Shoes: DV by Dolce Vita (LOVE!) / Lips: MAC-Lady Danger
3) Top: Zara / Jeans: Rage and Bone (Nordstrom Anniversary pick, prices go up on August 4th!) / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Arm Candy: F21, Nordstrom, BaubleBar / Watch: Michael Kors / Bag: Michael Kors / Sunnies: Wild Fox (Nordstrom Anniversary pick) / Shoes: Louise et Cie / Nails: OPI- Strawberry Margarita / Lips: MAC-Girl About Town
4) Skirt: Halogen (last seen here) / Shoes: Aldo (old similar here)
5) Dress: Michael Kors / Sunnies: BP / Necklaces: Missing Piece + Natasha Couture / Watch: Michael Kors / Bracelets: Nordstrom + J.Crew / Nails: OPI-Tainly Look Marvelous / Lips: YSL-Pink in Devotion
6) Top: J.Crew / Pants: J.Crew (old similar here) / Belt: Gap (similar here) / Watch: Michael Kors / Bag: Halogen / Nails: Essie-Turquoise and Caicos
7) Skirt: F21 / Bag: Halogen / Shoes: Louise et Cie
While Picasso had his "blue" period I have my "stripe" period. I don't know what it is, but something always draws me to stripes! Horizontal, vertical, thick, thin, bold, or subtle I'll take it all!
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
|Top: Splits 59 c/o / Bra: Splits 59 c/o / Leggings: Splits 59 (available 9/1) c/o / Socks: Pure Barre / Lips: Nars-New Lover mixed with MAC-Lady Danger|
Today I am happy to present some pieces from Splits 59's "Mod City" and "Space Race" Fall collections. Both collections feature unique concepts, genius design, fashion forward pieces, and are red carpet ready (for the gym at least). As a Pure Barre instructor I am always in the search of leggings that are a deviation of bleak ol black. The moment I received these leggings in the mail (part of the "Space Race" collection which will be available 9/1) I couldn't wait to put them on! I wish I could use a heart eye emoji now!
The pants are amazing with their quick drying technology, and moisture wicking finish. Super light weight, but still gives you that "locked-and-loaded" feel in the waist band. These leggings are made perfect for that athletic woman whether she's getting her shake on at the barre, zen during yoga, or burning it all off during spin.
This Devon tank is the freaking "cats meow." Sexy with the open back, and loose fitting so you can feel free during your "reverse warrior" pose. Namaste! Not to mention it's low enough that you can show off a cute sports bra such as the Loren.
Being apart of the "small chested club" I love the Loren bra. As a runner I hate supportive bras. They personally dig into my traps, and cause my neck to ache. The Loren bra is low support, and that works for me and the girls ;) I feel like I'm not even wearing a bra.
These collections are fun, fresh, innovative, flattering, and simply just amazing. Splits 59 truly offers pieces that are not only great quality, but are fashionable and unique.
Show off your Splits gear on Instagram and use #findyouredge.
This post was made possible because of Splits 59. All opinions and thoughts are my own.
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
|Top: J.Crew / Pants: J.Crew (old similar here) / Belt: Gap (similar here) / Glasses: Ray-Ban / Watch: Michael Kors / Bag: Halogen / Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell / Nails: Essie-Turquoise and Caicos / Lips: MAC-Lady Danger|
Everyone has someone that inspires them. Much of my style inspiration comes from Jenna Lyons the creative director for J.Crew. Her style is classic, sleek, and understated sexy. One of my favorite quotes from Jenna is "As fas as I'm concerned leopard is a neutral." Word sista!
On saturday I decided to channel my inner Jenna Lyons at work, and wore this little number. The only difference is that I slicked my hair back into a tight ponytail (if you look on Instagram you'll see the hair-spirarion). Right as I walked into work a customer said to me, "You look a lot like that Jenna gal from J.Crew." YES. I'm so glad that someone noticed the look I was going for.
What person inspires your fashion choices?
Monday, August 25, 2014
|Bottom Layer: J.Crew Factory (old similar here) / Dot Shirt: J.Crew (old similar here) / Blazer: J.Crew / Jeans: Citizens of Humanity / Watch: Michael Kors (similar here) / Boots: Hunter / Bag: Michael Kors / Sunnies: Wildfox / Rings: F21 (old) / Lips: Nars-New Lover|
Rain is scarce here in the 4-8-0, actually...water in general is. During the year I have lived in Arizona, I have noticed that it rains only one month out of the 365 day calendar year. How did anything exist out here before air conditioning?
When it does rain mother nature skips the flirty "light showers," and comes on strong with down pours and "haboobs" Have-a-boob what?! A haboob is an intense dust storm caused by a microburst. Never hearing this word before, I referred to them as have-a-boob (probably because I needed to relate it to words that I actually know).
Friday, August 22, 2014
|Starting from top to bottom, left to right: |
1) Dress: Nordstorm (similar here) / Necklace: J.Crew (similar here) / Sunnies: Kate Spade / Earrings: Nadri / Watch: Michael Kors / Bracelet: J.Crew (similar here) / Ring: Express (old similar here) / Shoes: Sam Edelman from anniversary last year / Lips: MAC-Just a Bite / Nails: Essie- Swept off my Feet
2) Blazer: J.Crew / Shirt: J.Crew / Pants: J.Crew (old) / Necklaces: J.Crew (similar here) & Nordstrom / Watch: Michael Kors / Earrings: Kate Spade (similar here) / Shoes: Tory Burch / Sunnies: Kate Spade
3) Sweater: Express (old similar here + here / Shirt: J.Crew Factory / Jeans: Rag and Bone (my go-to-denim for the past month) / Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden (old similar here + here) / Belt: Gap / Sunnies: Wild Fox / Bag: Michael Kors / Bracelets: J.Crew + J.Crew (old similar here) / Watch: Michael Kors / Lips: YSL: Pink in Devotion / Nails: Essie- Turquoise and Caicos
4) Shirt: J.Crew (old) / Pants: Crew Cuts (old) / Shoes: Tory Burch
5) Top: J.Crew / Shorts: J.Crew (last seen here) / Belt: J.Crew (old similar here) / Shoes: Michael Kors / Bracelets: Nordstrom, J.Crew, Laura & Lily
6) Pants: Trouve / Bag: Michael Kors / Shoes: DV by Dolce Vita (LOVE!)
7) Shoes: Steve Madden / Pants: Banana Republic
How do I tap into my fierce alter ego you may ask?! Wear animal print....always! Once Fall fashion goes to market, I go a little crazy in the animal print sector. #thestruggleisreal
In my opinion, a girl can never have enough animal print! From reptiles to the big cats, I love it all.
Hope you have a "WILD" weekend, and I'll see you Monday!
Thursday, August 21, 2014
|Top: F21 (last seen here) / Jeans: 7 for All Mankind / Necklaces: Kendra Scott + Studio / Hat: BP / Sunnies: Kate Spade / Watch: Michael Kors (similar here) / Sandals: Sam Edelman / Lips: Nars-Hyde Park|
The time has come. The summer we had together was amazing, but Todd officially goes back to school starting Monday. From here on out there will be no more Summer breaks for 3 years, because Todd will be year around for dental school. How I will miss the endless Costco sample lunch runs (a typical afternoon of ours), both going to bed at 10:30, Sunday-funday pool time (before it hit a gazillion degrees), and endless lounge time (I know we are boring). Even though we don't live the most exciting life, it's a life that I love. There's nothing better than spending a whole summer with the man of my dreams, and my little fuzz by my side.
Petite Review on 7 for All Mankind Josefina jeans: The denim runs really big. While the thigh is supposed to be loose, the waist was really big. I got the the waist tapered in the back.
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
|Glasses: Ray-Ban / Top: Lululemon / Pants: Splits 59 (Will be available for online purchase in 2 weeks) / Leg Warmers: Pure Barre / Socks: Pure Barre / Bracelets: Lily and Laura / Nails: Essie-Turquoise and Caicos / EQUIPMENT NEEDED: 2 TOWELS FOR EACH FOOT|
Happy Wednesday everyone! While I did promise a Splits 59 post for this week I will actually be posting it next week due to my busy schedule ; / This week's workout is inspired by something that I actually did in a yoga-bootcamp-fusion class. Huh you say?! My thoughts exactly.
I recently got a co worker of mine to join Pure Barre, and we have deepened our friendship over some LTB (lift.tone.burn...PB lingo). #friendssweattogether. It turns out that she is just as crazy as me when it comes to fitness. Finally I have met someone who can keep up with me physically during a workout, and is just as competitive. For the past couple weeks after a 5 am PB class we've been trying out different workout classes. Last week I signed us up for what I thought to be a yoga class to get our "zen-on", but turned out to be an aerobics class fused with downward dog. There was one move in class that I absolutely loved for core work, and it was this "Around the World" move. I am obsessed! I immediately added it to my ab workout regimen. Depending on the mood I am in I either do that move fast or slow.
You want to keep the upper body stable during the whole set, and refrain from pushing your hips up as you move through the legs. While building a six pack is the main focus, the upper body is being worked as well (especially the shoulders).
Behind the scenes with my favorite co-star Mr. Django
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
|Top: J.Crew / Sweater: J.Crew (old similar here + here + here) / Skirt: Halogen (last seen here) / Necklace: J.Crew (similar here) / Arm Candy: Charming Charlies + J.Crew (old similar here) / Sunnies: Wildfox / Shoes: Aldo (old similar here) / Lips: MAC-Just a Bite / Nails: Essie-Turquoise and Caicos|
Make sure you tune in tomorrow for a fun workout Wednesday!
As always thanks for reading!!!
Monday, August 18, 2014
|Sweater: Express (old similar here + here / Shirt: J.Crew Factory / Jeans: Rag and Bone (my go-to-denim for the past month) / Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden (old similar here + here) / Belt: Gap / Sunnies: Wild Fox / Bag: Michael Kors / Bracelets: J.Crew + J.Crew (old similar here) / Watch: Michael Kors / Lips: YSL: Pink in Devotion / Nails: Essie- Turquoise and Caicos|
In my world, a girl can never have too much animal print ;)
What animal print is your favorite?!
Friday, August 15, 2014
|Sweater: Woven Heart / Shirt: Trouve / Jeans: Rag and Bone / Belt: J.Crew (old similar here) / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Sunnies: Wild Fox / Bag: Michael Kors / Shoes: DV by Dolce Vita (OBSESSED!) / Lips: MAC-Coral Bliss|
For those who follow me on Instagram, you saw what happened to me last week. After teaching/taking Pure Barre I got in my car, and started to drive home. Just a regular day doing my regular routine. Since my eyes have been agitated lately I've opted to wear my glasses all week. With the glare getting in my eyes I ran my poor Honda civic into a trailer! Not knowing what happened I got out of my car shaking like a leaf. The next thing I know a client of mine approaches saying she saw what happened, and offered to help. I love my clients. So sweet. So thoughtful. Meredith you saved my day! Trying to hold back my tears, I approached the other party to make sure they were all ok. Thats all that matters!! As my client Ashley puts it #carsarereplaceablejessicasarenot.
My poor little stang. I've had her since I started driving. She was my first and only car. How I will miss all of our good times together.
RIP Stang 2005-2014.
Thursday, August 14, 2014
|Top: Vince Camuto (petite version) / Pants: Trouve / Necklace: Natasha Couture / Sunnies: Wild Fox / Bracelet: F21 (similar here) + Target (old similar here) / Bag: Michael Kors / Shoes: DV by Dolce Vita (LOVE!) / Lips: MAC-Lady Danger|
Have a lovely Thursday!