One of the best parts about being a Pure Barre teacher is that I get to help people live a healthier more active lifestyle. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a client work toward their fitness goals with taking class, and achieving those goals. If there's one thing that I have learned from Pure Barre is that being healthy, and happy is one of my biggest motivations in life.
I believe that as women we should empower and inspire one another to become the "best" versions of ourselves.
Here are two women that I am truly inspired by, and hope that their stories may impact others.
Let me first introduce you to Brittany. I first met Britt back in 2012 when PB Draper first opened up, and she was one of the front desk girls. We quickly formed a bond, and I can't even tell you how much I love this girl! I was so proud of her when she decided to become a PB teacher this year! Here is her story:
1. What made you want to try Pure Barre? I was lucky enough to have found an ad on one of our local sites for a job listing here. Ever since then I have loved Pure Barre and how it changes your mind and body. Hence the phrase "mind body connection".
2. How often do you take class? I take class 4-5 times a week. What can I say, I'm addicted!
3. Along with Pure Barre, what else are you doing to stay healthy? Aside from Pure Barre, I work out at the gym with my boyfriend. Whether it's lifting weights or cardio. I also grew up swimming my whole life, so occasionally I will swim laps too. #justkeepswimming (lol).
4. Do you believe that Pure Barre is for everybody? YES! Because anyone is capable of doing it. Many people come into the studio and are scared of what to expect. I can tell you, DO NOT be scared! ANYONE can do this exercise. It's easy on your joints and will help you build strength and flexibility immensely.
5. When you took your first class, what was your initial impression? Wow, I'm dying!! haha. It was really hard, but I could see how people were able to get addicted too it. I can tell you, when I first started working at Pure Barre, I was only attending class about 2-3 times a week. It wasn't until I came home from a trip to New York, that I was really motivated to loose weight and change my body in more ways than just one. I have my mom and Pure Barre to thank for that. This is when I started attending class 4-5 times a week and changed what I was putting into my body. I decided to go off of gluten. I do not have celiac disease, but my body was reacting to gluten and I was constantly feeling crummy and tired. My mom is the one who helped me change my way of eating and I can never thank her enough for pushing me to try a gluten free "diet". I put "diet" in quotations, as I don't believe in "diets", I believe in lifestyle changes. Changing what you put into your body is a lifestyle change NOT a diet. :)
6. What have you learned about yourself from taking Pure Barre? I have learned that if I set my mind to something, I'm going to do it! For instance, I set a goal last year in January, that I was going to be able to do the splits by my birthday, which was in May. I had 5 months to do try and do it. It may have been a silly goals to others, but for me it was an accomplishment! :)
7. What is your advice to those who are starting PB? My advice to someone who is just starting is, DON'T QUIT! I have seen so many people come to our studio, try it for a couple of weeks and then never see them again. :( Yes, Pure Barre may be expensive and hard, but it's TOTALLY worth it! You're getting a workout with a personal trainer basically, but you have other women (and men) in the class to help motivate you and drive you to become a better form of YOU! #BONUS I promise you WILL see results and you WILL want to come 4-5 times a week!
8. What is the biggest change you have seen in your self form PB? Flexibility and inches. However, in the last few days I have noticed how toned I have become. Even people around me have noticed and those comments are always nice to hear. It's pretty cool when you see it in yourself, but even cooler to have someone you don't see very often comment on how great you look!
9.What do you love most about PB? EVERYTHING! I first started as a receptionist (still currently am), but now I have become an instructor. I love everything about PB! From the time I was a client, to now being an instructor. It's amazing to me how effective this workout is and how much fun we have at the studio! It has brought me closer to my co-workers, which now is considered my PB Family! I love all of the ladies I work with and of course our clients! We're a small studio, but we have BIG hearts and passion for Pure Barre! #purebarrelife
If you're looking to try something new, try Pure Barre. Take class for two weeks and see what you think. It's always fun to try new things and find what peaks your interest. If after the two weeks is over and it's not for you, at least you tried it and you didn't QUIT right after your first class. #lifttoneburn
I met Lara back in the Summer Where I introduced her to Pure Barre. Lara took her first class back in August, and next thing she's already at 122 classes and down 40 pounds!!!!!
1. What made you want to try Pure Barre? I wanted to find a way to lose weight, get healthy, and try something new
2. How often do you take class? 5-6 days a week.
3. Along with Pure Barre, what else are you doing to stay healthy? Dieting with Jenny Craig.
4. Do you believe that Pure Barre is for everybody? I think that everybody should try it at least once. You never know unless you try
5. When you took your first class, what was your initial impression? It was hard but I was determined, and I am definitely still learning throughout my journey
6. What have you learned about yourself from taking Pure Barre? That I am stronger than I think :)
7. What is your advice to those who are starting PB? Just to keep trying it will get easier.
8. What is the biggest change you have seen in your self form PB? I have more energy, and my body has definitely changed for the better!
9.What do you love most about PB? The instructors are very motivating, and push you. The music is fun, and I am losing weight in the process.
I still have more weight to lose, and plan to continue with Pure Barre even after I reach my weight goal.