What person doesn't love to have a sweet treat?! I surely do, but sometimes it can be hard to find something that hits that "sweet" spot (no pun intended), and is actually healthy for you. Did I mention low in calories?! Did I mention utterly delicious?! Did I mention cheap?!
Last week Todd and I were invited over to our friends house for an impromptu dinner. I just absolutely love the dental friends we have made here, and they have made our time here in Arizona not feel so lonely. While we were there my friend gave me one of here energy bites that she's been making for her family. Once I placed one in my mouth I was in love. My taste buds were on fire!!! I immediately asked for the recipe, and have been making them all week for some friends of mine. I decided to modify the recipe a bit, and add my own flare.
What you will need
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 1 cup of peanut butter (I used fresh peanut butter from sprouts)
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 4 Tbsp wheat germ
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp mashed slivered almonds
- 2/3 cups honey
- 1-2 bananas
- Mash bananas first in a large bow.
- Once bananas are mashed mix everything together.
- Place mixture into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled roll the mixture into balls, and place on a pan with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate balls until the mixture has set.