With the heat turning up a couple notches here in Arizona, cold treats and dessert seem to be the theme in the Edmunds household. One of my biggest faults is that I love dessert, and always try to find healthy creative ways to fill my sweet needs. It's no surprise that I love Isagenix (previous post here), and randomly put together a pina colada Isagenix recipe one night when the sweet tooth was in full force. By digging through my pantry and fridge I was able to find easy ingredients that would give me a tasty pina colada! What I love about the Isagenix lean shake is that it helps curb hunger, aids in digestion with enzymes, and helps promote formation of lean muscle.
- 2 scoops of Isagenix Isalean Shake in Creamy Vanilla (I always use vanilla because it's an easy flavor to mask)
- Coconut water
- Pina Colada cocktail mix ( I just bought this one at the store forever ago, but I'm sure you can find a better quality one at whole foods) - I use about a cap full
- Frozen pineapple
- Optional: Use a whole banana for a more creamy smoothy
- Place 8 ounces of coconut water in the blender (I absolutely love my Ninja)
- Put 2 scoops of Isagenix in the water along with pineapple, and a cap full of Pina Colda cocktail mix.
- Finally place ice into blender, and turn on until blended smooth.