|Outfit: Alixandra Collections c/o|
It's no secret that we should all be exercising regularly in our lives to get that hot bod, and to loose those stubborn pounds that won't go away. Yes yes those are definitely benefits to increased physical activity, but there's so much more to exercise than improving outside appearances. Exercise leads to health, and health consists of our bodies external and internal functionality. Here are some of my favorite reasons why you should be exercising regularly.
- Improves Self Confidence - No brainer here, but to me this is so important to us as women. We live in a world where media portrays image as everything, and women will definitely feel that pressure. By establishing a fitness regimen to work toward a healthier lifestyle your self image will improve as you take proactive care of yourself. On a chemical level your body will increase endorphins that are associated with well being and euphoria.
- Increased Energy - I can testify to this 100%! I work out 95% of the time in the morning 6x a week. I notice if I don't get my morning workout in that my energy level will be low for the day, and will be less likely to workout in the evening. During mild exercise blood circulation is improved, thus allowing more oxygen to be delivered to our body. The more oxygen delivered to the body will lead to increased energy. Side Note: Cyclists will do blood doping to get more red blood cells in their body to utilize more oxygen.
- Better Sleep - Another one I can testify to. I typically wake up everyday between 3:40 am to 5:30 am everyday, and go to bed around 10 pm. I used to be a horrible sleeper, and would wake up many times during the night. As I became more active over the years I noticed that I fell asleep a lot quicker, and my sleep quality was 10x better. Exercise is a physical stressor on the body, and our brain will counter act this stress by improving sleep quality.
- Decrease Anxiety and Stress - The body does this on a chemical level by decreasing levels of cortisol that are associated with stress and anxiety.
- Improved Digestion and Reduced Constipation - By improving your aerobic activity you increase blood flow circulation. Increased circulation will allow more blood flow to organs, and bringing more blood to the GI tract will increase intestinal contractions and digestive enzymes. This will move more food waste through the colon, and then out of the body.