I will admit I have a bit of a sweet tooth. My worst enemies during the summer months are popsicles and ice cream. I'm always trying to find healthy alternatives that will fulfill my sweet need. When I got into Utah last week my dad told me that he made some yummy popsicles that were all fruit. Two years ago my dad was diagnosed with having diabetes, and ever since then he has become more conscience of what he puts in his body. He looks for healthy alternatives, and recipes that are low in carbs and sugar. When I finally tried one of his popsicles I was surprised how tasty it was. Not only was it tasty but super simple to make.
Watermelon and Blackberry Popsicles
- Cut watermelon
- Little bit of water
- Blender (I like to use the magic bullet)
- Popsicle molds (my dad used a crayon mold, but here's a great mold as well)
- Wash all your fruit, and cut water melon into cubes.
- Load the blender with watermelon, blackberries, and a swig of water.
- Once the mixture is essentially liquid, poor it into the molds.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours, and then enjoy.