If you haven't already heard of LipSense then chances are that you will hear someone talking about it soon. LipSense has reinvented what a long lasting lipstick should be..... long lasting! If you look up #lipsense on Instagram then you will see over 200k post of women sharing videos and images of them kissing babies, eating food, and rubbing their lips to show that this lipstick won't smudge.
When I first heard about this product I was naturally curious to know if this claim of "long lasting for 4-18 hours" was just a marketing scheme or if someone had actually discovered the holy grail of lipstick. A couple months ago I teamed up with Krista from Kissable Lips By Krista to try out the latest cosmetic hype.
How to Apply
While this may look like a gloss do NOT apply it like a gloss!
- Shake the tube.
- Apply to clean, dry lips.
- Start at the outside corner of your mouth, and spread in a fluid motion to the opposite corner without lifting. (don't move applicator back and fourth)
- Use three THIN layers, and allow 5 second of drying before applying the next layer.
- Top off with a gloss to lock in the color.
- If you make a mistake use the oops remover included in the startup kit.
Here's a little video from my friends at Pucker Up Style
Tips and Tricks
- Never leave LipSense in the car.
- Gloss through the day to keep lips moisturized through the day.
- You may feel a slight tingle when applying the color, but will only last for a few days. It happens when your lips are cracked/dry because LipSense contains a cosmetic alcohol to prevent bacteria building up in the tube.
- Your lips will actually heal from LipSense.
- If your color flakes in the beginning, don't stress about it. LipSense is working to exfoliate all your dead skin and wax build up.
- Toss the chapstick because it contains wax, which will prevent the LipSense to work.
This product is by far the longest lasting lipstick I have ever tried. I've become so obsessed that I already have ten colors!! My top three favs are electric tangerine, fire n ice, and carmel apple. Now your probably asking yourself does is last 18 hours on me? The answer is no. I get about 4 hours before I have to reapply. The product works differently on different people because of the PH levels of their mouth, and how often you wear LipSense throughout the week.
After 4 hours after I apply I notice that the color has rubbed off my water line. Since I have such small lips most of my lip is in my mouth, and the color is constantly being exposed to my saliva. Even though I can't go a full 18 hours I'm still satisfied that when I wear red LipSense I know it that the color will stay put, and won't end up on my teeth or all over my face.
I am so happy to announce that Krista and I have teamed up to giveaway one lucky reader a LipSense starter kit which includes: oops remover, gloss, and a color of your choice! The contest will run until 11/26, and the winner will be announced on 11/28. Good Luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway